The Vilano Diverse 3.0 Hybrid bike is designed for both beginners and experienced bikers who are looking for a great urban street bike for commuting regularly to and from work.
It can also be a good trail bike for enjoying weekends in the great out of doors with family or friends.
Suitable for both men and women, this hybrid bike has a polished, but basic overall look.
Vilano Diverse 3.0 Hybrid Bike Overview
- High-quality Shimano components.
- The diameter of the Wheels are 700c and measure about 27.5 inches, which is standard for most hybrid bikes.
- It has a hydroformed 6061 Aluminum alloy performance frame and fork.
- It comes with 24 speeds to climb any hills with ease.
- This bike has disc brakes.
- 3-piece crank for a wide gear range.
- It comes with upright flat handlebars.
- Comes in 53cm or 57cm size.
- It has Kendra 700c X 25C tires.
- It comes with standard pedals.
- Uses EF 51 3/5 speed and integrated brake lever.
- It is suitable for both men and women.
Feature Analysis – Let’s Take a Closer Look
The Vilano Diverse 3.0 Hybrid Bike features high-quality parts, so let’s take a closer look in this review.
It has 700c tires which are the most common size tires for these types of bikes.
These specific tires are made by Kenda, a company well reputed for its heavy-duty tires for a variety of vehicles. Kenda is best known for its downhill mountain bike tires with thick heavy grips.
On the Vilano, the tires are smaller width with an inward grip that works great on concrete and tarmac, but it is also suitable for parks, trails and light mountain bike riding.
Additionally, these tires have good control for taking sharp turns.
This bike has 24-speeds and a 3 piece crank. The crankset is 42/34/24T with replaceable chainrings and alloy crank arms.
Since the crank is in 3-pieces, it makes it far stronger than one piece cranks and allows for a wide gear range. In addition, it makes the crank easier to clean and maintain.
It features high-quality disc brakes that give the rider more control and stopping power in any situation. The unique braking system allows the breaks to work perfectly even on the wettest days.
Like any bike, the disc brakes do require some maintenance in order to keep them in peak condition.
The frame and forks are made of aluminum poly that combines the lightness of an aluminum frame with the hardness of silicon and the toughness of magnesium.
Moreover, it will provide you with a super light frame that is resistant to buckling, allowing you to ride for thousands of miles with few problems.
The frame itself has an almost horizontal bar that stems from the seat up to the handlebars helping to provide maximum comfort for riders while sitting in an upright stance.
It allows the rider to place the feet on the ground in a stopped position.
The Vilano Diverse 3.0 Hybrid Bike comes in 53cm or 57cm, and the color black.
It is easy to assemble as it comes partially assembled.
You will need to install the front wheel, handlebars, saddle and pedals. This requires you to use a few different tools such as a wrench and a regular and Phillips screwdriver.
While assembly can be done by yourself, you may want to have a professional tune the wheels, brakes as well as derailleurs. It is advisable to have an expert check over your assembly of the parts to ensure that your bike is ready to go.
- Light, strong and durable frame.
- Flat handlebars keep you in an upright position.
- Shimano smooth changing gears.
- The wide tires offer a good grip.
- High-quality Shimano components.
- Disc brakes for great braking power.
- Great price for such quality components.
- The seat is quite uncomfortable, especially for larger people, as it is quite narrow.
- The pedals are cheap looking.
- This bike is not suitable for people 5’5” and under.
Loaded with good quality parts that are more commonly found on much more expensive bikes, this bike is good for versatile use. Besides, it is best for commuters who do most of their riding on concrete and other hard surfaces.
It will also go off the road, making it a great bike for trail riding as long as the trails are not too challenging. Of course, the disc brakes make it great for riding in various weather conditioners and work well on wet roads.
Suitable for both men and woman who are 5’6” or taller, this bike will prove a smooth ride for an entry-level price.
The Vilano Diverse 3.0 Hybrid bike is perfect for both beginner and expert riders who are looking for a bike with some versatility and style.