If you have heard about Schwinn Discover Women’s Hybrid Bike, but you want to know more about it before reaching your final decision, this review is for you!
Here, we will dig deeper into all its pros as well as cons, and who this bike is good for.
Schwinn has been producing bikes for many decades now, and have a great reputation for making bikes that are suitable for women.
The Schwinn Discover is a classical, yet attractive looking bike for women available at an unbeatable price.
But let’s see if the components meet the required standard of a bike which will last you many years.
Schwinn Discover Women’s Hybrid Bike Overview
- The aluminum frame is lightweight and designed to suit the anatomy of women.
- Fitted with linear pull brakes for better control and safety.
- Reinforced suspension fork to give you stability on all terrains.
- The handlebar is swept-back for a comfortable riding position.
- Padded seat for extra comfort during those long rides.
- Matching fenders and rear rack.
- Schwinn crankset made of alloy for longevity.
- Shimano rear derailleur for easy gear shifting.
- 21-speed bike to climb any hill.
Features Analysis – Let’s Dig Deeper!
This bike appears to be packed with some great features.
Let’s take one at a time and check them out.
It comes with 700cc wheels to give you a stable and smooth ride. This size wheel can easily ride over irregularities on the road using less energy. It also helps you to cover long distances without getting tired.
The width of tires is 38mm which is wide enough to provide a good grip on all types of terrains.
It is also easy to get replacement parts for this size wheel.
In addition, there is a front quick release wheel without using any tools. This makes it easier to store or transport it even in a small car.
You will always be able to find the right gear with the 21-speed SRAM Shimano twist shifters on the Schwinn Discover bike.
Most riders prefer SRAM shifter because it is easy to use and you only need one finger (thumb) to operate it instead of two fingers on other shifters.
Whether you ride on city roads or down the hill, a good braking system is regarded as the core safety feature.
This bike has very powerful Linear Pull brakes commonly known as V-brakes.
Although V-brakes can wear out the rim in the long run, they are easy to repair and cheaper to maintain.
A suspension fork is not commonly found in lower-priced hybrid bikes, but the Schwinn Discover Women’s Bike comes with a suspension.
You will feel the comfort when you ride it and easily take those pavement patches as well as manhole covers.
The bikes are made of all kinds of material. This particular hybrid bike is made of very lightweight aluminum.
The frame is designed to maintain an upright sitting position. It keeps your back and neck straight to avoid any strain even after long rides.
Generally, Schwinn has taken extra care to design the frame to suit women’s anatomy.
At the time of writing this review, the bike is only available in one size. However, the stem is adjustable and you can also adjust the height of the seat. These two options give it the versatility to fit women of varied sizes.
It is not difficult to assemble, but you may need to have some mechanical skills to complete the assembly.
Some of the basic steps are simple to follow. You will also need to adjust the brakes and the derailleurs.
However, it does not cost much to have it assembled by a professional at your local bike shop. We always recommend having the gears and brakes adjusted by an expert.
- It has an ergonomically designed frame for women.
- The suspension works well on less aggressive gravel roads and light trails.
- You can adjust the handlebars in different positions.
- You can add a toddler seat to the back of the bike.
- It comes with a kickstand.
- You can also fix a basket on the front.
- It has plastic fenders but the quality is good.
- Some people found the seat not so comfortable.
- User’s manual is a little hard to follow.
- The frame does not have pre-drilled holes for the water bottle holder.
Generally, there are not so many choices available for hybrid bikes for women. However, Schwinn has been making bikes for over a century, and they know exactly what makes a bike perfect for women.
The features of this bike are certainly impressive and some of its components come close to a mountain bike. Also, the price is exceptionally attractive.
After reviewing this Schwinn Discover Women’s Hybrid Bike, we would strongly recommend that you give it a serious consideration.