Looking for a bike which combines the features of a road bike as well as a mountain bike? Our review of The Populo Fusion 2.0 Hybrid bike will show you if the company claims are true.
The 24 gears on this bike should meet your needs for those day to day commutes as well those weekend path rides with family and friends.
With 700c wheels and disc brakes, this hybrid is easy to control and stops in all types of weather.
- It has a 6063 aluminum alloy frame.
- This bike has a Shimano 24 speed drive drivetrain.
- It has disc brakes.
- This bike features Populo forged allow risers.
- The diameter of the wheel is 700c, which is the most common wheel size in hybrid bikes.
- The bike features Shimano EF51 EZ Fire 8 speed shifters for smoother shifting from gear to gear.
- It comes with Velo comfort gel grips.
- The front derailleur is a Shimano Tourney TX51.
- The rear derailleur is a Shimano Altus.
- The Frame comes equipped with mounts for rear racks.
Feature Analysis: A Closer Look
Let’s dig deeper in this review and take a closer look at some of the Populo Fusion 2.0 hybrid bike’s more prominent features.
This bike uses Freedom wedge 700c 6061 double wall wheels. 700C wheels are the standard wheels used on most hybrid bikes and offer riders fast ride times and good control.
The width of tires is 32c which are good for street and path riding but can easily be replaced with wider wheels for those people who want to add a little more adventure to their life and hit do some light trail riding.
It has 24 speeds and comes equipped with a Shimano TX51 Shimano Drivetrain. It has Shimano Tourney front derailleur and a Shimo Altus rear derailleur as well as Shimano EF51 EZ Fire 8 speed shifters.
All of this provides for a smooth and fun ride and makes it extremely easy to shift from one gear to the next.
The Populo Fusion 2.0 Hybrid Bike comes with disc brakes.
Although these brakes are not named brand they appear to be of good quality and gives you control over your stopping power even on wet roads or slightly rougher biking paths.
Stopping power is extremely important to all bike riders and is even more important when riding in the heavy trafficked area.
This hybrid bike comes with a 6063 aluminum alloy frame, which is both lightweight and sturdy.
It also features Papulo forged alloy riser handlebars with Velo comfort gel grips. The frame also comes equipped with mounts so you can attach rear racks.
This frame is sporty and is specifically designed to allow the rider to ride in an upright position, which is great for those people who want to travel long distances on their bike as riding upright helps prevent back and neck pain.
The frame of this bike also makes for a good path riding bike.
This bike measures 8.5 X 52 X 29 and is 53cm. And weighs 34.75 pounds making it lightweight and easy to carry up and down steps or load onto the bike rack of your car.
Users do state that the size of this bike accommodates taller riders than most other bikes.
This bike comes partially assembled. All you need is to put on the handlebars, front wheel, and pedals and tighten all the nuts and bolts.
Assembly should be fairly easy and there is at least one Youtube video to walk you through the process.
However, if you have never assembled a bike before it might be wiser to take the bike to your local bike shop and have it professionally assembled and adjusted.
- The Papulo Fusion 2.0 Hybrid Bike is an extremely attractive and sporty looking bike.
- This bike is lightweight but durable.
- The EZ Fire shifters make it easy to change gears quickly.
- This bike is easy to assemble.
- Although this is not the cheapest hybrid bike on the market it is still reasonably priced and quite a good deal for a bike with disc brakes.
- The reviews and ratings are well above average.
- Some users feel that it takes a few times riding this bike before the disc brakes grab as they should.
- The seat is uncomfortable.
Although the Papulo Fusion 2.0 Hybrid bike is not one of the more popular brand names but the sporty looks and great function of this bike makes it well-liked among those looking for a reasonably priced hybrid bike.
Comfortable to ride and easy to shift this Populo Fusion 2.0 Hybrid bike is suitable for beginners as well as for those people accustomed to riding hybrids on a daily basis.