Looking for an honest and detailed review of the Diamondback Edgewood hybrid bike? You are at the right place!
If you are looking for an above average hybrid bike that is great to cruise around the town but also has a good grip for rough pavements and gravel roads, Diamondback Bicycles Edgewood Hybrid Bike is more than just a good performance hybrid bike.
With some good quality features providing an adequate level of comfort and stability as well as a price that makes it one of the best value for money hybrid bikes.
Diamond Edgewood is also a great bike for beginners who do not want to invest a lot of money before checking out by themselves the functionality and comfort a good hybrid bike can offer.
Diamondback Edgewood Hybrid Bike Overview
- 700X40c tires are wide enough to give you a safe and comfortable ride. In addition, the cornering treads give a good grip on any terrain.
- You can conquer any terrain as it comes with the 21-speed drivetrain, giving you a wide choice of gears.
- Extra comfort is provided with the seat post and the suspension fork.
- The handlebars can be adjusted for height and angle from the adjustable stem, giving you a perfect fit.
- Available in four sizes.
- The bike comes almost ready assembled and should take about an hour for a semi-skilled person.
Features Analysis – Let’s Dig Deeper!
Looking for more details? Here are the most important features to check out.
The 700c wheelbase and 40c wide tires will give you fast acceleration on roads and even if you are climbing hills. I particularly like the cornering treads on the tires which offer a safe ride on gravel paths.
Diamondback Edgewood Hybrid Bike is equipped with Kenda tires which are known for their quality and good safety levels. Additionally, their width will give you a complete control and stability over all terrains.
This bike also comes with front and rear wheels that can be quickly released simply by using an Allen key which is part of the toolkit.
It is equipped with Shimano 21 speed gears which consist of three gears in front and seven at the back. This combination of gears will provide you with sufficient power to go up and down any hill.
In addition, Shimano gear shifters give you a rapid and smooth gear shifting and the versatility to take on any terrain.
Unlike other mountain bikes, the Diamondback Edgewood Bike comes with a simple linear pull brake system. Lots of riders like this feature because it is very easy to maintain.
The braking system includes a brake pad placed on the rim which applies pressure to the rim when you use the brakes. It is very effective and gives you a good and safe stopping power even in wet conditions.
The HL Zoom suspension fork absorbs the bumps of any surface offering you and your arms a smooth ride. In addition, the seat post adds an extra layer of cushioning.
For extra comfort, the adjustable stem allows you to adjust the height and angle of the handlebars.
The frame is an important component of any bike. The Diamondback Edgewood Hybrid Bike comes with an aluminum alloy frame.
This frame offers a number of benefits to the consumers. It is very lightweight which enhances the efficiency of any bike and extremely durable which will result in you enjoying the bike for a very long period.
It is also rest free and the standover height of the frame is low, which makes it easy to go on and off the bike.
It comes in four sizes suitable for anyone between 5’4” to 6’4”. However, at the time of writing this review, there was only one size available.
You should also bear in mind that the adjustable seat and the handlebar give you the flexibility to make small adjustments to suit your size.
The bike will come to you almost 85% assembled and you will only need to install some parts and carry out the adjustment of certain components such as brakes.
It is, however, recommended that you should take the bike to your local bike shop for final adjustments.
Here is a useful video to get to know your bike and out of the box step by step instructions.
- Very good exercise and a recreational hybrid bike that feels comfy and fast to ride. It is also easy to maneuver and light to heft onto buses, trolleys or stairs.
- Solid brakes with adequate strength.
- Enough gears to take you up and down the hill which are easy to shift.
- With a little maintenance that includes adjusting cables and spokes as well as lubricating the drive train, you can ride this bike without any problem, but replacing some of the components with better ones can surely be an asset for riders who ride a lot of miles.
- Great for the price.
- The derailleur is sometimes difficult to adjust.
- Some buyers have had problems assembling the bike by themselves.
- A kickstand is not included.
Should You Buy The Diamondback Edgewood Hybrid Bike?
For people who are on a budget and are looking for a quality performance hybrid bike for riding in the city or up to the hills, this bike is a good option, but some of its components are not sufficient for heavy duty riding.
So, depending on what your needs are, our review of this DiamondBack Bike tells us that it can offer you an enjoyable cycling experience.
If you are still on the fence, compare DiamondBack Edgewood Hybrid Bike with the top 10 best hybrid bikes to view many other options.