Looking for an affordable bike for men? We have selected The Critical Cycles Men’s Barron Hybrid Bike to review because of its afforable price.
This lightweight hybrid bike can be a good choice for anyone on a limited budget who wants a hybrid bike.
The Barron hybrid bike is available in 4 different sizes and is easy to ride with a durable frame. Also, it comes with an extra component which is often missing on many other hybrid bikes, a rear kickstand.
In addition, the 21 speeds will make it possible for you to adjust your speed to one that is more comfortable for the type of terrain you happen to be traveling across.
Critical Cycles Men’s Barron Hybrid Bike Overview
- It features the Shimano Tourney 21 speed drivetrain.
- The frame is made from 6061 Aluminum.
- Comes with a zoom suspension fork.
- Kendra West Road 700cX32C tires.
- Upright Handlebars offer a comfortable stance.
- Twist gear shifters make shifting easy.
- Rear mount kickstand is included.
- Comes with 9/16 High Impact resin pedals.
- It has Aluminum Linear brakes for good braking power.
- It is available in 4 sizes 16, 18, 20 and 22 (small, medium, large and Xlarge) making these bikes suitable for various size individuals.
Feature Analysis- Taking A Deeper Look
In this review, we will now take a deeper look at this hybrid bike to determine if it is worth the price.
It comes with Kendra West 700cX32c tires, which is pretty standard for hybrid bikes.
What is a bit different about these tires is that they have semi-slick tread with water suspension grooves that prevent the water from street and puddles from splashing back at you so you keep drier even when riding in the rain.
Besides, it features double wall rims for added durability.
The Critical Cycles Barron Hybrid bike has a 21 speed Shimano Tourney drivetrain and mega range gearing. The twist grip shifters make it easy to change gears whether riding on flat streets or steep hills.
It has aluminum linear brakes that are designed for power stops, which is a must when riding downhill or in heavily trafficked areas.
Additionally, it comes with a 6061 aluminum frame, which is a feature that offers sturdiness and lightweight.
This frame is designed for all types of terrains and the suspension fork makes for a smoother ride.
Combine the frame with the suspension fork, the upright handlebars and the cushioning comfort of the saddle and users of this bike can be riding in comfort.
This bike is available in 4 sizes- small (16), Medium (18), Large (20) and Xlarge (22.) The Xlarge size is suitable for men who are up to 6’7” tall.
Moreover, it weighs 36 pounds, making it light enough to easily carry up steps or to load it on in order to carry on top or on the back of your vehicle.
When it comes to the color, it is graphite with orange accents.
Are you wondering about the easiness of assembly? The Barron Hybrid bike comes partially assembled, and you only need to add the handlebars, front tire and seats.
Then, check your tire pressure, make sure that all the bolts are tightened and of course tune the bike.
While it is fairly easy to assemble for people who have some experience assembling bikes, for those who have never assembled a bike, it could be quite difficult. It might be best to have it assembled at a professional bike shop.
- Lightweight and durable frame and rims feel very sturdy.
- It gives a really smooth ride and can handle bike trails quite well.
- Looks great and is extremely sporty.
- The kickstand makes this bike even more convenient.
- Available in several sizes.
- The 21 speeds make it easy to handle different terrains with ease.
- Good shock absorption.
- The frame and the handlebar give the rider a comfortable riding position.
- The tires are not the best quality, especially for trail riding. When riding on rougher terrains, you will need to have excellent control.
- Despite its water dispersion grooves for riding in wet conditions, they do not seem to be that great in the rain.
Should You Buy The Critical Cycles Men’s Barron Hybrid Bike?
Overall, this is a good choice for beginners or for those who are simply looking for a budget-friendly hybrid bike.
With the lightweight 6061 aluminum frame, 21-speed drivetrain and zoom suspension fork, this bike has pretty much everything you need for a comfortable ride on all types of terrains.
Therefore, if you are looking for a hybrid bike for both urban streets and weekend trail rides, then the Critical Cycles Men’s Barron hybrid bike is a good choice.